I was the kind of kid who carried my sketchbook/journal around with me everywhere. This eventually led to my degree in Fine Arts from the University of Arizona, and I then pursued graduate studies at Pratt Institute in New York. A move to the Los Angeles area found me teaching art to young adults while pursuing my own love for working with light and color through various forms of artistic expression: interior design, floral design, watercolor and oil painting. For several years now, after moving back to the beautiful Arizona desert, I have designed and created distinctive dichroic glass jewelry, art for people to wear and enjoy.
Work style/technique - Fused Dichroic Glass Jewelry
To create my contemporary styled dichroic glass jewelry I cut, layer and fuse different colors and textures of glass in a kiln. Each finished piece of glass requires multiple firings and is unique. Some are modern and abstract, collages of brilliant color and texture. Other pieces reveal images from nature, landscapes and ocean scenes. Using sterling silver, mixed gemstones and glass beads, and multiple findings, I accent the beautiful glass pendants and cabochons to create necklaces, earrings, bracelets, pins, rings and other pieces of jewelry. I also make dichroic glass tiles for use as home decorating items.
Rabbits and Rainbows participates in one or two shows each month. These include:
- The Fourth Avenue Street Fair - Tucson Arizona
- Tubac Festival of the Arts - Tubac, Arizona
- Summerfest Flagstaff Festival in the Pines - Flagstaff, Arizona
- ArtFest of Henderson - Henderson, Nevada
- Arts in the Park - Oro Valley, Arizona
- The Annual Fall Festival - Pinetop, Arizona
- Fountain Hills Festival of Arts & Crafts - Fountain Hills, Arizona
- The Fountain Hills Great Fair - Fountain Hills, Arizona
- Faire on the Square - Prescott, Arizona
- Tucson Museum of Art Craft Market - Tucson Arizona